As an Accountant you will be responsible for maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements and internal/external audit information.
- Support Month-end close, year-end close, variance analysis and statement preparation
- Prepares, reviews, and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records
- Manage contractors’ and buying group rebate accrual. Request payment by preparing credit notes or AP request. Reconcile accrual to the actual liability and payment
- Responsible for month-end expenses accrual, Income tax provision, Sales tax allocation, HST filing and payment
- Responsible for maintaining and reconciling various balance sheet accounts. Can explain significant fluctuations to management or audit personnel.
- Prepare and process disbursement for suppliers through cheques, ACH, Wire Transfers or bill payments
- Performs complex ad hoc requests in order to provide relevant financial information to management for decision making purposes.
- Review and Approve expense reports in Concur expense system for Canada employees
- Assist with external and internal audit requests
- Coordinates accounting matters with other departments, locations, and divisions.
- Prepares periodic reports for management analyzing current trends versus forecast expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Working towards Accounting designation preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX is preferred
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously