Health & Safety Coordinator
Our client, a large general contractor in the GTA , has an opportunity for a Health & Safety Coordinator who will be responsible for duties related to Health & Safety on Job sites in Milton.
Construction site experience a requirement.
- Coordinate and conduct formal Health & Safety orientations, work site inspections, accident/injury reports and train the trainer Health & Safety talks pertaining to the designated functional area
- Organize and conduct training programs including, but not limited to: WHMIS, Fall Protection, Personal Protection Equipment, CPR/First Aid
- Monitor employees and subcontractors on site to ensure compliance to Health & Safety procedures and programs and escalate issues to resolution as required
- Assistance with the roll-out of COR compliant policies and procedures
- Assistance with auditing of worksites for COR compliance
- Minimum 2 years experience - construction experience required
- Assisting with WSIB claims
- Degree or Diploma in a related field (i.e. Occupational Health and Safety, Certified Safety Engineer)
- Ability to travel locally for work; a valid G driver’s licence and own vehicle required
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to obtain and retain Security Clearance, as required