The Project Coordinator is responsible for managing awarded mechanical (HVAC, Plumbing) projects from customers .
Duties & Responsibilities
• Accurately enter quotes into ERP system to be presented to either the end user or the outside sale representative under the direction of the Project Quotations Manager.
• Interacts with Outside Sales Reps and Customers to develop applicable solutions that will respond to their situation and needs;
• Partner’s closely with Outside Sales Reps and Customers to ensure accurate supply levels;
• Maintain orders to ensure customers have materials in accordance with their job schedules
• Look for and suggest ways to maximize profit for the Company and provide value to the customer within the acceptable specifications;
• Read, understand and be familiar with relevant vendor catalogues;
• Regularly contact vendors to request project pricing (as required) through negotiation, where possible, for improved profitability.
• Understand, keep track of, and support the meeting of, important deadlines, timeframes, and milestones;
• Understand the needs of the customer, important deadlines work with purchasing to ensure product is available when needed, but not before to reduce unnecessary inventory holding time.
• Works closely with members of the Outside Sales Team; and with other individuals and departments within the Company;
• Coordinates and assigns work to the Junior Project Coordinators;
• 2 years’ experience with and/or knowledge of plumbing & heating products sold by wholesale plumbing distributors;
• Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven fast paced environment;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Adobe Acrobat, Order Entry Software and Internet Information Gathering/Research,
• Demonstrated analytical, organizational and planning skills,
• Excellent Written and oral communication skills;
• Established history of demonstrating the ability to pay attention to detail;
• Customer centric. Obsessive about providing excellent customer service.