Our client, has an immediate opening for an Assistant Superintendent to join their team with 3 to 5 years experience working on small, midsize or large ICI projects. A dynamic a company that invests in your career development. If you are a top performer, we’d love to hear from you.
- Act as the liaison between the Site Superintendent and trade labor force.
- Maintain daily construction log in conjunction with the Site Superintendent.
- Prepare and maintain various site communication/documentation with head office and site.
- Co-ordinate with municipal inspections and/or professional inspections.
- Attend and participate in site meetings, prepare meeting agendas, record meeting minutes and prepare for distribution as directed.
- Calculate labor hours per activity and submit time sheets to office.
- Obtain labor requirements from Site Superintendent and coordinate to sign on laborers when required.
- Allocate tasks to laborers daily according to the Site Superintendent’s instructions.
- Order supplies according to requirements.
- Make out requisition for non-standard items and submit to purchaser.
- Compare delivery note with bill of quantities and actual quantity delivered.
- Maintain inventory of required materials and place order accordingly.
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing shipments, including temporary storage on site.
- A high school diploma or post-secondary diploma in Engineering, Architecture or equivalent
- A minimum of 3- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of the construction field
- Exceptional communication skills
- Above-average organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, to manage time effectively and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office software; Tech-savvy with various computer software’s