Our GTA based HVAC/Plumbing Distributor client is seeking a Controller to join their team. The Controller will be responsible for maintaining accurate and timely financial records, managing the finance team, and implementing financial controls.
Working closely with the CFO the Controller will be responsible for:
- Preparing and analyzing financial statements and reports, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements
- Providing support to manage the annual budgeting process, monitoring results against budgets, providing financial analysis and recommendations.
- Supporting the preparation of tax returns and ensures compliance with tax laws and regulations.
- Oversee the daily operations of the finance department, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger accounting.
- Manage the month-end and year-end close process, ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements and reports, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Develop and implement financial controls and procedures to ensure compliance with accounting standards and company policies.
- Manage the annual budgeting process and monitor actual results against budgeted expectations.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including banks, auditors, and other financial institutions.
- Provide financial analysis and recommendations to support business decisions.
- Oversee the preparation of tax returns and ensure compliance with tax laws and regulations.
- Manage the accounting staff, providing training, coaching, and support to ensure they have the skills and knowledge required to perform their duties effectively.
- A solid foundation from experience in supply chain management specifically in DISTRIBUTION
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field (CPA designation preferred)
- 8+ years of progressive accounting experience, with at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Strong technical accounting skills and knowledge of accounting principles and standards.
- Experience with financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel; Intermediate knowledge of Power BI
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with a proven track record of developing and motivating a team.
The successful candidate will work in the office every day; this is NOT a hybrid or remote role.
It is a great opportunity to join an amazing close-knit and loyal team that feels more like family.