Our client has an immediate opening for a Director of Industrial Sales. You will be responsible for a team of up to 8 Sales Reps along with being responsible for communication with field management at key distributors.
Travel schedule is approximately 60% within Canada and occasionally to the US with the majority being overnight.a
- Manage an offsite multi- Provincial Sales team and coordinate efforts of sales personnel toward the attainment of sales objectives while improving the organization's competitive position.
- Recruit and consistently develop top talent to build a high performing team of sales professionals.
- Leads strategic and tactical planning, goal setting, sales budgets, market analysis, forecasting, and expense allocation for the Regional Sales Team.
- Develops strategic plan for the Region and holds sales associates accountable for achieving results by tracking activities and business wins and losses in CRM
- Responsible for the review and approval of the monthly Sales Commission sales incentive plan.
- Develops strong relationships with Distributor Management and Key Industrial Accounts.
Skills & Experience
- University Degree or College diploma in Business or equivalent combination of Education and Experience, with a minimum of 10 years specific managerial experience in an Industrial sales environment. MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated advanced leadership skills with a proven track record in managing sales and cross functional teams.
- Ambition to continue to learn and grow with the organization, with ability and aspiration to take on future leadership roles
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strategic Thinking Skills:
- Using sound business judgment, having a general manager mindset (assessing a market and setting direction)
- Ability to predict contingent outcomes from both the customer and competitive perspectives