|Our client a dynamic and growing developer has an immediate opening for an experience Project Manager. You will have experience managing ICI projects valued $25 million and above. If you're looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic company with an excellent corporate culture offering a long term career, we should talk.
- Construction Coordination and Management
- Review project specs carefully to ensure accurate scheduling and costing
- Provide accurate drawings, scope of work and instructions to the Construction Manager and/or the Technician crews
- Oversee all onsite and offsite construction progress to ensure compliance with building and safety standards.
- Review the work in progress of the projects on a daily basis
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Draft contracts and agreements, negotiate terms and obtain licenses and permits as needed
- Client liaison – Ensure constant communication with the Client throughout the project
- Ensure constant communication with in-house staff and outside suppliers, sub-trades, Design firms, Engineering firms and more
- Able to analyze, manage and mitigate risks
- Attend site meetings and prepare/submit tenders
- Prepare budgets and internal/external quality reports
- Prepare Purchase Orders, verify and select tools, materials and equipment
- Plan ahead to avoid deficiencies and resolve any emerging ones
- Attend business functions, luncheons, tradeshows as needed
- Relevant Construction Background and/or Design/Build experience
- Proven industry experience on commercial or high rise projects $500,000+
- Advanced knowledge of construction techniques and methods
- Excellent Time Management and Project Management skills
- Ability to oversee/manage large scale projects under pressure/tight deadlines and with little to no supervision.
- Ability to provide accurate reporting to the Director of Operations and to the Finance Department to ensure the financial success of the projects