Our client is looking for a self-motivated and results oriented Controller that will ensure that all activities related to accounting and finance are managed in a timely manner. This is a stand-alone role, therefore you will be responsible for all aspects of general accounting, A/P, A/R, Month End Close, Financial Statements as well as providing reports and analysis. Working closely with the General Manager, you will be relied on your input with regards to finance.
- Monthly operational financial statement preparation and reporting, quarterly and annual reports to regulatory bodies and corporate office.
- Ensure timely preparation, analysis and distribution of monthly financial statements and operational reports including variance analysis.
- Responsible for assisting in the annual budgeting process, accurate product costing, trend analysis and forecasting.
- Preparation of working files for external auditors.
- Process Accounts Payable, Receivable and perform general accounting functions
- Provide information, analysis and recommendations as necessary for corporate initiatives and programs.
- Post Secondary education focused in accounting
- Professional Accounting Designation – CPA, CGA, CMA or CA
- Minimum 5 years of accounting and/or progressive distribution/manufacturing experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in financial statement preparation, budgets, forecasting, and YE audits.
- Knowledge of business system processes and development of processes and internal controls.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
Terrific opportunity to join a solid company. We're looking for someone who will partner with the General Manager who is looking for a long term opportunity , providing strategic support.