Our client is looking for an experience Quality Assurance Specialist who will be responsible for resolving supplier, internal and external QA issues. This position requires someone with aptitude, skills and experience in Advanced Quality Planning, Production part approval, Part design and assembly part validation.
Education and Skill Requirement:
- Investigate Internal & Supplier Product Quality issues & lead resolution process.
- Process product approval for internal and supplied components
- Lead quality assurance program for fabrication, machining and assembly
- Lead supplier corrective action program
- Lead quality assurance program
- Control of non-conforming product & plan corrective/preventive action for all Canadian Branches
- Liaison with Internal/External customers on quality issues including visits
- Participate in key supplier audits with appropriate buyers to improve quality and reduce cost
- Resolve daily quality issues on the shop floor, issue Quality Alerts
- Review Warranty Claims for corrective action and disposition
- University degree/college diploma preferred.
- QA certifications (ASQ and Other Accredited Institution) and QA education. an asset
- Work experience of 3 to 5 years in QA Engineering functions required
- Experience in Root cause analysis, part approval process and dealing with issues to resolution (Corrective action process) required.
- Good working knowledge of ISO 9001 quality systems required
- Ability to read blueprints, shop drawings & Interpret GD&T on drawings
- Knowledge of Quality Control for mfg shop i.e. inspection and test plans
- Knowledge and experience in Lean Mfg preferred
- Knowledge of Quality Control for m/c shop in regards to inspection and test plans required
- Ability to work in a team environment and co-operate/support various team members across departments and operation required
- Valid driver's license;
- Good computer skills with Microsoft office (word, excel, access) & common application software