|Our client a large Contractor and Developer is seeking a dedicated and experienced Construction Project Manager to join their dynamic team and oversee construction projects/portfolios of up to $25M.
You will be responsible for the coordination of all aspects of the project, from the concept stage to its successful completion, ensuring that the project is delivered on time and within budget.
- Construction Coordination and Management
- Review project specs carefully to ensure accurate scheduling and costing
- Provide accurate drawings, scope of work and instructions to the Construction Manager and/or the Technician crews
- Oversee all onsite and offsite construction progress to ensure compliance with building and safety standards.
- Review the work in progress of the projects on a daily basis
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Draft contracts and agreements, negotiate terms and obtain licenses and permits as needed
- Client liaison – Ensure constant communication with the Client throughout the project
- Ensure constant communication with in-house staff and outside suppliers, sub-trades, Design firms, Engineering firms and more
- Able to analyze, manage and mitigate risks
- Attend site meetings and prepare/submit tenders
- Prepare budgets and internal/external quality reports
- Prepare Purchase Orders, verify and select tools, materials and equipment
- Plan ahead to avoid deficiencies and resolve any emerging ones
- Attend business functions, luncheons, tradeshows as needed
- Relevant Construction Background and/or Design/Build experience
- Proven industry experience on commercial or high rise projects $500,000+
- Advanced knowledge of construction techniques and methods
- Excellent Time Management and Project Management skills
- Ability to oversee/manage large scale projects under pressure/tight deadlines and with little to no supervision.
- Ability to provide accurate reporting to the Director of Operations and to the Finance Department to ensure the financial success of the projects