As the Territory Sales Representative you will be responsible for developing business for all of the company's engineered products and solutions by calling on engineering firms, owners, mechanical contractors and provide support to local distributors.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Promote to sell company products, concepts and services to prospects, specifiers, buyers, distributors and users
- Research and report marketplace and competitive information for sales strategy planning and review
- Develop sales objectives, strategies and forecasts and concur with your manager
- Build and maintain good relationships with clients, prospects and distributors
- Develop and implement suitable promotion plans, with the help and approval of your manager, such as group presentations, regional shows, training seminars, branch visits and installation tours
- Develop territory distributors to maintain the required customer service level
- Comply with pricing guidelines or make recommendations for special pricing for your manager’s approval
- Gain complete information for all quotation requisitions including application, specification, pricing and timing requirements
- Maintain up to date knowledge and skill for your job and advise your manager of any training needs
- Cooperate with inside sales, engineering and other support staff to ensure good teamwork to meet customer requirements
- Participate in your quality workgroup meetings and strive for continuous improvement in your work
- Report activities, progress, market information, new ideas, expenses and other relevant data as appropriate or as requested
- Three to Seven years of outside sales experience, calling on the construction industry with specific knowledge or background in one or more of the following industries preferred: (HVAC, industrial, building products, mining, oil, municipal, or pipe, valve, & fittings industry).
- Evidence of the ability to interact effectively with contractors, owners, and distributors to build long-term relationships.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, above average mechanical aptitude, and the ability to interact with a diverse customer base.
- A university degree or diploma in engineering, business or related area of study a desired asset