The basic function of this position is the layout of fire sprinkler system to ensure compliance with applicable codes using NFPA standards and industry practices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for Assist Sprinkler Designers in their hardware and software design with REVIT. May track orders of materials selected by designers.
- You will be responsible for provides other administrative tasks for Sprinkler Designers such as RFI and coordination.
- You will be responsible for read and interpret construction documents, including drawings, specifications, and contracts. Learn to design and layout sprinkler systems with REVIT. Follow all job site and safety protocol.
- You will be responsible for exposed to clearly defined problems and/or instructions.
- You will be responsible for the expected to raise issues. Tasks follow set guidelines and procedures.
- You will be required to work on defined tasks or projects under close supervision.
- You will be responsible for managing your own workload, prioritizing tasks, and meeting deadlines.
- You will be responsible for providing information in an articulate and organized manner, following established processes and procedures.
- You will be responsible for undertaking drafting tasks in order to meet client requirements.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Completion of a Technician Certificate or Technology Diploma or equivalent
- Experience 3-5 years working with Revit
- 2+ years of sprinkler design knowledge or experience
- Travel requirements up to 10%
- Proficiency in various computer programs such as AutoCAD, Revit, MSOffice, HydraCAD, SprinkCAD, etc.
- Demonstrate a mechanical aptitude and visualize 3D concepts
- Ability to quickly learn and become proficient in various computer programs
- Understanding of NFPA 13, 14, 20 25 codes
- Enrollment in NICET for certification for Automatic Sprinkler System Layout