The Logistics/Customs Compliance Specialist will be responsible to assist/support the Logistics Manager in negotiations, supplier management, and financial analysis .
Responsible for handling export and/or import situations with oversight and guidance from Canada Logistics Manager and Global Trade Compliance Manager.
Responsibilities include coordination with staff that perform transaction due diligence, analysis of red flags, troubleshooting, assisting with training, developing, drafting, implementing the compliance procedure and management of trade compliance record keeping systems.
This role also requires the coordination with business partners, freight forwarders and customs brokers, and various internal departments
EDUCATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENT:
- A Business degree from an accredited college or university is preferred. (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in Logistics and Customs Compliance
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Curiosity to question processes and drive change
- Strong system skills including Microsoft Excel and Access
- Experience with AS-400 (BPCS) an asset
- Knowledge of using Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) information systems to perform business transactions.
- At least two-three years of experience with export and/or import regulatory compliance and with international business transactions and shipping documents, or related experience.
- Experience with trade compliance information systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail. Ability to work calmly under pressure and with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to prepare business letters and complete forms.