Terrific opportunity to join a growing organization and carve out your own path.
As the Project Manager/Operations Manager you will be report to the President and your responsibilities will be to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget. Our client is a growing company in the Residential Home sector who is looking for “that someone” who has the talent and ability to take the lead on assigned tasks.
Additional Skills Desired
- prepare and monitor construction schedules
- plan and organize the purchase of building materials and necessary equipment to coincide with progress of construction
- prepare progress reports by calculating job completion and/or work done for billing to clients.
- represent the Company’s interests in organized health and safety groups
- organize and monitor the safety training for all employees and advise when specific training is required and when renewals are due
Skills & Experience
- ability to represent the Company in meetings with clients and perspective clients on new jobs and jobs for tender
- ability to liaise with clients to discuss the scope of work, advise on different techniques and materials
- prepare budget estimate of work by analyzing drawings and using computer specific programs to assess work to be carried out and material needed
- negotiate and prepare contracts for tender
- confer with clients to negotiate prices for revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects and clients
This is a team-oriented organization. The primary responsibility of this role will be to manage the projects in the GTA. The company is open to seeing candidates from all levels of experience. Being a new position, they will consider an intermediate who can grow into a General Management position in the future right up to a General Manager who can come in and take over the day to day operations of the business.
Compensation will be based on experience.
- Residential Construction – Masonry or exterior construction experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong computer skills – able to make recommendations on industry software for Project Management/Estimating
- 3+ years Project Management experience