|Our client a large Contractor and Developer is seeking a dedicated and experienced Construction Project Manager to join their dynamic team and oversee construction projects/portfolios of up to $25M.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the coordination of all aspects of the project, from the concept stage to its successful completion. As a Construction Project Manager you will ensure that the project is delivered on time while adhering to schedules, budgets and maintaining a high level of satisfaction and quality standard to the client.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Construction Coordination and Management
- Review the project specs carefully to ensure accurate scheduling and costing
- Provide accurate drawings, scope of work and instructions to the Construction Manager and/or the Technician crews
- Oversee all onsite and offsite construction progress to ensure compliance with building and safety standards.
- Review the work in progress of the projects on a daily basis
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Draft contracts and agreements, negotiate terms and obtain licenses and permits as needed
- Client liaison – Ensure constant communication with the Client throughout the project
- Maintain a professional and continuous positive rapport with the client
- Ensure constant communication with in-house staff and outside suppliers, sub-trades, Design firms, Engineering firms and more, to secure a smooth project flow with all parties involved
- Able to analyze, manage and mitigate risks
- Attend site meetings and prepare/submit tenders
- Prepare budgets and internal/external quality reports
- Prepare Purchase Orders, verify and select tools, materials and equipment
- Plan ahead to avoid deficiencies and resolve any emerging ones
- Attend business functions, luncheons, tradeshows as needed
- Relevant Construction Background and/or Design/Build experience
- Proven industry experience
- Expert knowledge on building materials, construction products and details, construction regulations and quality standards
- Advanced knowledge of construction techniques and methods
- Strong sales, leadership and negotiating skills
- Excellent Time Management and Project Management skills
- Ability to oversee/manage large scale projects under pressure/tight deadlines and with little to no supervision.
- Ability to provide accurate reporting to the Director of Operations and to the Finance Department to ensure the financial success of the projects
- Ability to plan ahead
- “Can-Do” Attitude