As a Lead Sprinkler Designer, you will be mainly responsible for designing automatic fire sprinkler systems and preparing drawings in accordance with the requirements of current codes. You will lead the team and manage the projects.
- Prepare drawings considering architectural, structural and mechanical plans using AutoCAD and HydraCAD systems, etc.;
- Reproduce and draw sketches, drawings and plans;
- Arrange sprinklers on the drawings in accordance with current standards;
- Verify drawings in accordance with the established procedure;
- Participate in project meetings with project managers & other trades for project coordination;
- Order material based on the coordinated drawings
- Proceed to field surveys for installation drawings.
- Diploma in Fire Protection Engineering Technology or Design or High School diploma with equivalent relevant experience;
- Minimum 5 years of fire protection system drafting experience;
- Piping background;
- Proficiency in computer-assisted design with AutoCad;
- Knowledge of standards and codes governing design and installation of automatic fire protection systems;
- Specific training in fire protection (an asset)
Salary and benefits per expereince.