As the District Sales Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing sales activities of the organization for the Western Region of Canada.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage sales activities throughout the region by visiting and supporting engineering firms, contractors, OEM's, end users and distributors to obtain new business and expand existing business.
- Formulate sales plans which incorporate marketing strategy with regard to target market segment within a specific geographic area.
- Conduct sales calls, product demonstrations and product training sessions.
- Review market analyses to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules, and develop sales campaigns to accommodate goals of company.
- Prepare weekly sales activity reports using Salesforce
- Quote and track projects throughout the various stages cycle.
- Represent the company at trade shows and conferences
- Coordinate as liaison between customer service department, technical service, engineering and other departments as appropriate to maximize superior sales and service performance.
- Assist Customer Service in the development and maintenance of a comprehensive list and profile of key accounts and contacts
- 50% Travel
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in engineering.
- 2-5 years related technical sales experience.
- Effective communicator and a strong technical aptitude
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Experience working with flow control products is an asset.
- Experience working with manufacturing, municipal, mining, and chemical markets is preferred.
- Experience working with contractors and engineers.
- Must also possess a valid driver license and be willing and able to drive long distances and travel by plane within Canada and to the US.